An Introduction to Woodworking for Women
- Designation: 3-Night Course.
- Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Materials: Included.
- Pre-Requisite: None.
This 3-class series is designed to give students an overview of basic hand-tool woodworking. We’ll cover safe tool usage, measuring and marking, sawing and dimensioning, and some joinery – mortise & tenon and tongue & groove. Other topics will include selecting wood, wood movement, types of saws and choosing an appropriate joint for a particular application. In this class, you’ll build a tool or drink caddy to bring home to show off your new skills!
- Marking & measuring
- Hand sawing
- Hand plane adjustment & use
- Hand drilling
- Using bench hooks, sawing guides and shooting boards
- Cutting grooves with a plough plane
- Shaping with a spokeshave and rasps
**All students at UW must be 18 years and older to attend.
**Classes are non-refundable 48 hours prior to class.