HAND TOOL INTENSIVE - 4 WEEK CABINETMAKING COURSE
May 4th to 29th
- Designation: 4week intensive
- Time: Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 pm
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Materials: Included.
- Pre-Requisite: Anyone who's taken one of our Intro or Bootcamp classes will enjoy this four-week course.
From design to finished cabinet, this four week intensive will help you build your hand tool skills while you make a small wall hanging cabinet. Here are some of the skills you'll be learning:
- Full scale drawings and cabinet design
- How to make and implement a cut list
- Dimensioning wood by hand with hand saws and hand planes
- Carcase construction and joinery options
- Dovetails: through and half-lap
- Frame and panel construction
- Door Construction
- Hardware and hinges
- Drawer making and fitting out
- Custom drawer pulls
- Hanging the cabinet using a French cleat
This four-week course is a great opportunity for anyone interested in furniture and cabinetmaking. Even if you use power tools in your workshop, this course will refine your hand tool skills and give you a great foundation in cabinetmaking.
Classes run from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday for four consecutive weeks.
All tools and materials are provided.