The "Perfect" Board to Sushi Tray
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
October 7th, 8th & 9th.
This intensive, three day class will teach you how to take a few pieces of locally sourced, rough sawn hardwood, and using only hand tools, make a beautiful Sushi Tray complete with carved bowl and chopstick holder.
Using an assortment of hand tools, you will learn how to flatten, smooth, joint and shoot lumber. Fundamental skills for any aspiring hand tool woodworker or furniture maker!
Hand carving, joinery, sawing and finishing will be introduced on day two and three.
- Designation: 3-Day Course.
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch)
- Skill Level: Intermediate.
- Materials: Included.
- Stock Preparation: You will learn the importance of wood selection when working with hand tools. How to choose the appropriate tool for the size of wood you are working, and the skill that all woodworkers must learn, how to 6 side square a board.
- The Hand Plane: You’ll get an extensive overview of the hand plane, how to use it, how to set it up and how to maintain on a day to day basis. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of how it works and what to do when it doesn’t.
- The Work Bench: Spending the day at the workbench, learning how to hold and work wood.
**All students at UW must be 18 years and older to attend.
**Classes are non-refundable 48 hours prior to class.