HAND TOOL INTENSIVE - 2 WEEK CABINETMAKING COURSE
April 20th to May 1st
- Designation: 10 Day Course.
- Time: Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 pm
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Materials: Included.
- Pre-Requisite: Anyone who's taken one of our Intro or Bootcamp classes will enjoy this two-week intensive.
From design to finished cabinet, this two week intensive will help you build your hand tool skills while you make a small cabinet. Here are some of the skills you'll be learning:
- Full scale drawings and cabinet design
- How to make and implement a cut list
- Dimensioning wood by hand with hand saws and hand planes
- Carcase construction and joinery options
- Dovetails: through and half-lap
- Frame and panel construction
- Drawer making and fitting
This two-week intensive is a great opportunity for anyone interested in furniture and cabinetmaking. Even if you use power tools in your workshop, this is a great opportunity to refine your hand tool skills.
Classes run from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
All tools and materials are provided.