Hand Tool Bootcamp July 10th 10-4pm
- Designation: 1-Day Course.
- Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (1 Hour lunch).
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Materials: Included.
- Pre-Requisite: None.
During this class, you will learn some of the most fundamental skills in woodworking; sawing and planing. You will make a small serving tray with two leg pieces.
- Stock Preparation: You’ll learn the importance of wood selection when working with hand tools. How to choose the appropriate tool for the size of wood you are working, and the skill that all woodworkers must learn, how to 6 side square a board.
- The Hand Plane: You’ll get an extensive overview of the hand plane, how to use it, how to set it up and how to maintain on a day to day basis. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of how it works and what to do when it doesn’t.
**All students at UW must be 18 years and older to attend.
**Classes are non-refundable 48 hours prior to class.